Curled lashes create the effect of wide-open big eyes. This technique helps to look cheerful in the morning, as if you slept well. How can you curl your eyelashes?
Curling mascara is the first thing that comes to mind when you want to get curved eyelashes. Curling effect depends on the design of the brush. Curling mascara contains silicones and waxes to help keep the curve as long as possible. And the curling mascara brush is usually curved (crescent-shaped). However, you need to remove it with a special oil-based remover.
The result depends, firstly, on the curler quality and, secondly, on its proper application. As for quality, here are a few simple tips:
- Trust the proven brands (e.g., Shu Uemura and Shiseido).
- Pay attention to the quality of the materials from which the curler is made (the pads should be firm but not too hard, not to break the eyelashes).
Now we will tell you how to use the curler to get a good and long-lasting curl.
- Hold the curler as ordinary scissors.
- Fully open the curler and grab the upper lashes. Place the pads of the curler as close as possible to the roots of the eyelashes.
- Make sure that all lashes are inside the curler. Hold the curler vertically to fully follow the arch of the eyelid, without breaking it.
- Close the curlers, lightly squeezing them. And complete the motion with gentle pressing.
- Now place the curler at an angle to the face, grabbing the lashes a little further away from the roots. This will create a real curl, not just the upward-looking eyelashes.
- Hold the curler for a few seconds without blinking; you will need to press the handle of the curler gently.
- Repeat the same with the other eye.
The curl will keep much longer if the device is hot. Curling in this case would require more experience and skills, because you need to act quickly before the curlers are cool. There are two simple ways to heat the curler:
- Using a hairdryer for 1-2 minutes.
- With the help of hot water.
Another kind of eyelash curling is eyelash tongs. This beauty gadget can be found in many online stores. Its operating principle is simple – it is a heating appliance for the lashes. Like hair curlers, it curls lashes by heating and gives them a new shape.
However, such curling does not yet enjoy a great popularity. Basically, because of possible burns. We recommend using tongs only to those who have enough experience in this.
Fingers and a little heat
Beauty-bloggers recommend this method. You should apply several layers of mascara on the lashes, as usual. Then warm up the fingers and press the lashes up. Keep them for 3 minutes and keep warming up the fingers, intensely rubbing your hands. After 3 minutes, you’ll get a nice curl. And, importantly, quite long-lasting. It turns out that conventional mascara (not the curling one) can help keep the curl, when it is secured with the help of heat.
The secret of the eyelash curling with a usual metal spoon is many years old. But many people use it in the 21st century. For example, Miranda Kerr in an interview said that she sometimes curls eyelashes with a spoon. This method imitates a curler in a way, when the spoon rib is applied to the lashes and you press it with fingers.
But the method can not be called comfortable. With no practice, you can break the eyelashes. The spoon rib can be quite sharp.
But do not underestimate the spoon as an affordable beauty-device. There is another interesting way to curl eyelashes with a spoon. This method works the same as heating tongs. That is, the spoon should be well heated. Press and hold against the eyelashes for a couple of minutes. Then apply mascara (when the eyelashes are cool). The curling effect lasts all day! You can heat the spoon under hot running water or with a hairdryer.