What to do if you have not met your second half yet, if you want to save love for the guy, but you’ve been waiting so long and he still has not arrived? Do not postpone love for future; no need to think that you need someone to fall in love with you and will figure other details out later. The sources of this stereotype can be easily traced. Consider fairy tales, any typical heroine has nothing left to do but wait for the right guy. “Sleeping Beauty” had to fall into anabiosis in order to figure things out with her personal life. Meanwhile, real life is nothing like a fairy tail and laws of this literary genre do not work in the real world.
Perhaps You Are Scaring Love Away
Does anything from the list sound familiar?
- You tell yourself that you will get on a diet once you get a boyfriend.
- You save the pretty outfits for the times when your life changes for the better.
- You save exciting trips for the times when you will have a loved one to go with.
- You do not go to theaters or expensive restaurants because it is silly to go out with girlfriends instead of going with a boyfriend.
- You go on vacations by yourself because you do not have a partner to go with. Company of girlfriends irritates you, especially if they are single like you.
- You do not go out because you have no one to go with.
- You sleep in old tee-shirt or pajamas, because you tell yourself that buying expensive nightdresses and peignoirs is meaningless since there is no one to appreciate them.
- Your house is messy and dirty because you have no one you need to try your best for.
Don’t Postpone Love
Even if a single statement from above is correct, you are likely to be postponing your love for tomorrow, waiting for the prince to enter your life first. Do not waste your time! Use every moment you get to learn how to receive and give love.
Try to have the traits, which you find attractive in potential partners, in your own character. Once you succeed, you will be a magnet attracting people with similar characteristics. Remember the saying, “Birds of a feather flock together”. It can also be said that “People of love flock together”. If you dream about a gentle and caring person to fall in love with you, then you have to become one yourself. Remember the main rule: the less love you have in your character, the less others will like you. On the contrary, the more love you have, the more drawn others will be to you.