Backache can catch everyone off guard, in this situation something should be done quickly. This article tells about home remedies, that help to get rid of acute backache and also dietaries for backache. These tips are useful for those, who experience back pain, but may not or do not want to take pain relievers, like allergic people or pregnant women. Pregnancy is often associated with backache, as the body of a pregnant woman changes a lot because of the growing baby, the increase in weight and the change in the center of gravity. As pregnant women are not allowed to take particular medicines, there exist home remedies for back pain, which are safer. These home remedies are efficient not only for expecting moms, but also for any other person suffering from acute backache.
Tips to Get Rid of Acute Backache
Apart from the exercstrises, that lessen and prevent backache, which were described in article “Backache Treatment Methods. Physical Exercises”, use home remedies and follow the tips below, if you are experiencing acute back pain.
- Lay down and let your back muscles relax.
- Ask somebody to massage the aching area gently. Massage with herbal oils can be more effective.
- Place a hot towel or a hot-water bottle on the aching area for 20 minutes.
- Apply a raw potato poultice to the aching area.
- Take vitamin C (2.000 mg daily).
- Mix lemon juice (1 lemon) with salt (0.5 teaspoon) and take the mixture twice daily.
- Take 2 garlic cloves every morning.
- Fry 10 garlic cloves in 50 ml of mustard, sesame or coconut oil in a frying pan on a slow fire till they are brown. Cool the garlic oil and rub the aching area of the back with it. After two hours the oil can be washed away.
General Tips for Backache Treatment
If you are not experiencing acute backache and suffer from backache only seldom, you should anyway pay attention to your back. Follow these easy, but useful tips to prevent back pain:
- If you have to sit or stand for long periods of time, do not forget to change your position from time to time.
- If you have to lift heavy things, bend your knees and keep your back straight all the time as you are lifting the load.
- Choose a firm mattress to sleep on. Do not sleep face down.
- Choose a chair with good back support.
- Give up smoking.
- Do regular exercises for back, visit swimming-pool regularly or practice yoga.
Nutrition for a Healthy Back
Backache prevention and treatment are also connected with diet. Daily meals of a person taking care of their back should contain plenty of raw vegetables and fruits (except bananas). The backache sufferer should have three to four meals every day, which include, apart from fruits and vegetables, wholewheat products, milk and fruit juice. One suffering from back pain should avoid fatty and fried food, sugar, spicy condiments, strong tea and coffee.
For those, who do not like eating plenty of raw vegetables, there exist many recipes of salads including both fresh vegetables and natural additives, like sauces, oils or cheeses, which make the salads taste very good. As an example of such a salad I would recommend my favorite Light Bulgarian Salad. I hope, you will like it too.