It is not easy to survive the cheating of a loved one. Often, the first wish is to break up. It is even more difficult to decide on giving the unfaithful man a second chance. Before taking such a decision, ask him and yourself a few questions.
Questions to Ask Him
- Was it a single happening or a lasting relationship?
- Does he love another woman?
- Does he continue seeing her? If so, is it at will or not (eg at work)?
- What steps is he willing to take so that it does not happen again?
- What, in his opinion, does your relationship lack?
- What steps can you take to strengthen your relationship?
- Is he ready to go see a psychologist with you?
- Does he want to save your relationship?
- Was he was protected during the sex with another woman?
- Does he feel guilty?
Questions to Pose Yourself
- Does he deserve your forgiveness?
- Were you chill with him just as he was with you, or were you dearly loving him all the time?
- Are you ready to forget the cheating, or will you always remember it?
- Do you forgive him because you’re afraid of being alone?
- Would you cheat in a similar situation? May your relationship lack mutual respect and love?
- Does he want to be forgiven or is he ready to leave?
- Is there anything positive in your relationship, able to outweigh the negative, including cheating?
- Is this for the first time?
- What are the goals of your relationship? Are your plans for the future similar?
- Why do you want to stay with him?