The most common mistake of the people of mature age is that they continue to eat the same way as at the age of 20. The Daily Mail newspaper refers to an expert in the field of dietetics Ian Marber.
The newspaper writes that our body needs less energy with age: power consumption starts to decrease starting from the age of 30 years. Just at this point one has to adjust his/her diet, otherwise the risk of diseases caused by unhealthy lifestyles will increase by the age of 40. They include the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. To avoid these problems, Marber recommends to include the following products into your diet after 40 years:
- Oats contain beta-glucan, which helps to reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol, as well as antioxidants, preventing atherosclerosis.
- Cherry is also rich in antioxidants, it helps to reduce the levels of uric acid in the body (its elevated level is one of the characteristics of gout).
- Almonds lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar, reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Fish Oil contains Omega-3, which helps lower blood pressure and reduce arrhythmia.
- Soybeans also fight bad cholesterol, increase bone density in the women who have menopause, and increase male fertility.
- Tomatoes reduce the risk and spread of cancer cells and protect arteries from atherosclerosis.
- Milk helps preserve youthfulness because it prevents age-related decline in muscle mass and provides our bones with calcium.
- Chicken is a dietetic meat, rich in protein.