What may be and may not be expected from a normal man, and, while we’re at it, what a normal man is? Is there anybody whom we can set as an example?
The Esquire tried to find an answer to that teaser by conducting a survey of over 1,000 men, asking them questions about their opinions, behavioral patterns and attitudes; they formed the basis of an article entitled This is Normal. See if you know your average man well – or maybe you will end up surprised?
- Is friendship between sexes possible? 13% of the polled say their friends are all female, or almost all female. 38% of the men have about half of their friends women, and 44% only have 2-3 women among their friends.
- Two out of three men confessed to saying “I love you” every day and sometimes more than once a day! Did you expect that?
- Are strip clubs losing lure? More than one third of men say they are not interested to visit them. Oh, by the way, golf has the same percentage of rejections.
- Masturbation comes within the range of 24% who are not above masturbating at work, and 9% who don’t go for it even when they are alone at home.
- Male nudity grows more popular? 38% are ready to click a link to get a view of a nude photo of a famous athlete, actor, or celebrity, once they know it is displayed on a site. Are they the same people who do not go to strip shows?
- Made-up men! A quarter of the polled men have had manicure done, 22% use concealer to hide a blemish on their faces.