Calories consumption has been a much-discussed topic for a long time. Some people count them; others just eat less to lose weight. But there are many facts about calories few of us are aware of. Do you know we spend 60 calories per hour while asleep? And how to calculate your daily calorie intake depending on your weight? What is a calorie anyway? Learn about the facts about calories below.
- Low-calorie diets may cause health problems.
- The calorie is the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one gram of water by 1 ° C (1.8F).
- The Hindu cuisine is the richest in calories. It intensively uses both vegetable and seed oils and melted butter.
- 100 kcal are provided by: one banana, 8 tablespoonful of beans, two green apples, 340 ml of lager beer, 1/5 of a Big Mac hamburger, 17 peanuts, 300 ml of whole milk or 9 chips.
- We should eat 30% of calories for breakfast, 40% for lunch and 20 % for dinner.
- A diet with less than 1000 kcal a day causes many diseases, including cardiovascular disorders.
- 100 extra kcal a day is responsible for up to ten excessive pounds a year.
- 1 gram of fat contains 9 kcal. 1 gram of protein and 1 gram of carbohydrates contain 4 kcal each.
- 30 minutes of active sex burns 350 of kcal as well a 40 minutes long morning jogging.
- A healthy adult should have 35 kcal per one kg of weight a day to get enough energy without getting excess weight.
Source of the image: bonniepfiester.com.