Not too long ago, most people wouldn’t have heard of the term ‘CBD’, but in the modern world, those three letters have taken on a special significance for countless individuals across the globe, with more and more scientific studies demonstrating that CBD, or cannabidiol, is able to offer an extraordinary array of benefits to the human body and mind.
For the uninitiated, CBD is a chemical compound known as a cannabinoid, naturally found in Cannabis Sativa plants. Unlike THC, which is also a cannabinoid, CBD doesn’t cause any kind of ‘high’ when used. Instead, it simply offers lots of advantages, influencing the body in various ways to help with pain relief, stress reduction, promoting a more positive state of mind, and so on.
CBD can help with so many different health conditions and diseases, but it can also be a terrific wellness product to include as part of your daily routine for day-to-day benefits too, and one of the growing areas of the ever-evolving CBD market is CBD skincare. This guide will cover the uses and benefits of popular CBD skincare products like CBD face masks, bath bombs, and haircare.
What Is CBD Skincare?
The term ‘CBD skincare’ is used to describe a wide range of products, including everything from eye gels and facial creams to bodily lotions, shampoos, conditioners, face masks, soap, sunscreen, night cream, and more, which have been made with CBD as a key ingredient.
The CBD skincare market is growing in popularity with every passing year, and we’re increasingly seeing experts like dermatologists recommending people to use CBD skincare products for the unique benefits they’re able to provide.
Uses of CBD Skincare and Beauty Products
You can use CBD skincare and beauty solutions just like you would any other skin or haircare products. You can exchange your regular shampoo for CBD-infused shampoo, for instance, and use it in the same way, and the same rule applies for the likes of CBD face masks, eye gels, and so on.
These products work just like other cosmetics, often featuring additional ingredients like essential nutrients for the skin, hair-repair compounds to help your hair stay strong and shiny, and essential oils to provide pleasant aromas too.
What’s more, anyone can make use of CBD products. Factors like age, skin type, or hair type don’t have any serious influence in regard to CBD skincare and haircare products, as they can be compatible with all skin and hair types.
There are still some misconceptions about CBD out there, which can lead to some people hesitating about CBD products like skin creams and hair conditioners. However, it’s important to note that CBD has been deemed safe in many scientific studies and is recommended by medical and beauty experts alike.
Advantages of CBD Cosmetics
If you’re wondering why you might like to make the switch to CBD face and body products or incorporate them into your usual beauty and skincare routines, here are just some of the key advantages:
- General Skin Health – Studies have shown that CBD skincare products are packed full of the key nutrients and fatty acids that can help to promote healthy skin.
- General Hair Health – CBD products like shampoos and conditioners can also offer the nutrients and vitamins your hair needs to stay voluminous and strong.
- Fighting the Signs of Aging – Skincare creams like night cream and day cream can help to battle the signs of aging, fighting off free radicals to prevent wrinkles and sagging around the face.
- Sun Protection – CBD products can also help with not just protecting against sun damage, but repairing any damage that might have been done to your body or hair from the sun’s UV rays.
- Oil Production – CBD helps to regulate and balance the body’s production of natural oils, preventing the skin from getting too oily or the hair from becoming too greasy, while also reducing the risk of dry skin or flaky scalp too.
- Skin Conditions – The American Academy of Dermatology has actually recommended CBD products as possible solutions for common skin complaints like eczema, acne, and psoriasis.
- Hair Issues – CBD-infused haircare products can be very effective at dealing with common hair issues like split ends and frizzy hair too.
CBD has so many different uses, and it can be particularly effective for people who want stronger skin and healthier hair too. If you want to look and feel your best, incorporating some CBD beauty products into your usual regime could be a great choice.