Below you will find top 15 psychological tricks that are useful to know. Use them in everyday life.
- When a group of people are laughing, everyone instinctively looks at someone who seems nicer to him/her (or at someone whom he would like to consider a close friend).
- When you have to do something responsible or requiring concentration, or to put it brief, something that usually makes you nervous, it is worth trying to chew a gum or eat something. At a subconscious level, this is associated with a sense of security because we usually eat when we are safe.
- If someone is angry with us, and we are still able to remain calm, his/her anger may only worsen. Later, however, this person will be ashamed of such behavior.
- If a person’s answer to a question is only partial, or too evasive, do not ask again. It is better to just silently look into his/her eyes. The person is likely to understand that the answer has not satisfied the interlocutor and will continue to speak.
- Facial expressions serve not only as a consequence of feelings, but also cause them. Feedback works almost flawlessly, so if you wish to feel happy, keep smiling as often as possible.
- It is better not to use such phrases as “I think” or “It seems to me” in speech or in writing. They are taken for granted, but they also give a shade of uncertainty to the words.
- Before an important interview, it is useful to imagine that we share a longstanding close friendship with the interviewer. It always depends on us how to interpret the situation, and our calmness and ease can be transmitted to the interlocutor.
- If we manage to make ourselves sincerely cheerful when meeting with someone, during the next meeting this person will also be happy to see us (by the way, dogs are constantly practicing this trick with us).
- People tend to accept a smaller favor after rejecting something bigger.
- A lot of useful information can be extracted by paying attention to the position of the interlocutor’s feet. If, say, the toes of his/her shoes are heading in the opposite direction from us, it usually means that the person wants to quickly end the conversation.
- Many of us have been present at a meeting or in a situation where there was some reason to expect a sharp and unpleasant criticism from anyone. In such circumstances, it is best to sit next to that person. Practice shows that this person will lose all the fervor and intention to attack, or at least it will make the criticism much softer.
- Most people do not know the difference between grandeur and plain confidence. If you learn to display confidence, people will be drawn to you.
- Good advice for those working in the service sector: hang a mirror behind your workplace. People will behave in a much more tolerant way because nobody likes to see themselves irritated and angry.
- It is a very good habit to notice the color of the person’s eye when meeting him/her. The interlocutor will unconsciously like us due to the slightly longer eye contact.
- Going on a first date, it would be reasonable to take your partner to some fascinating place. Positive emotions from this meeting will later be associated with us.