You do not wear your beloved black sweater, avoid dates and job interviews? About one-third of the U.S. population is affected by dandruff. Dandruff is a very annoying problem – it looks dirty on the hair, causes itching and hair fall. It also troubles the face skin: those, who suffer from dandruff, are also prone to develop acne and pimples. There are different anti-dandruff products, but they don’t help in every case or can cause allergy, which even aggravates the problem of dandruff. For such situations there are home remedies, which can be much more effective against dandruff, than anti-dandruff shampoos. If you do not develop allergy to anti-dandruff products, it is recommended as more effective to use both special shampoos and home remedies to get rid of dandruff faster.
How to Treat Dandruff?
The following home remedies are very useful in the prevention and treatment of dandruff. They can seem the grandma’s advice, but the same ingredients are used for the production of anti-dandruff products. If you prepare the masks yourself, you get the 100% natural remedy for dandruff, which is effective, and you know for sure, what is inside the mixture you apply on your scalp.
- The first home remedy for dandruff is Aloe Vera. Rub Aloe Vera gel into your scalp, leave it for 10 minutes and wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Do this regularly to get rid of dandruff.
- In order to treat dandruff, use lemon, as it helps restore the pH balance of your scalp. Mix 15 ml of coconut oil with a few drops of lemon juice and massage it into the hair. Leave it so for the night and wash off the next day. This mask will reduce dandruff.
- One more effective dandruff treatment is the mixture of 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of vinegar. The mixture should be massaged into the scalp and then washed off.
- Another valuable prescription for elimination of dandruff is the use of Eucalyptus oil. Mix a few drops of it with 20 ml coconut oil and massage into the scalp to remove the flakes. Do this twice a week for a couple of weeks to get rid of dandruff.
- Aspirin is also very effective to eliminate the problem of dandruff. Crush and powder two tablets and mix with your shampoo. Leave this mixture on your scalp for a pair of minutes and then rinse thoroughly.
- Henna is one of the most essential remedies in the treatment of both hair loss and dandruff. It helps restore the health of the hair. Henna powder mixed with other ingredients is very effective in dandruff treatment.
- Another way to cure dandruff at home is olive hair mask. Mix the olive oil with almond oil. Rub the mixture into the scalp and leave for several minutes, then wash off.
Tips for Dandruff Cure
- Massage your hair regularly (for example, when shampooing or applying a mask). This will stimulate the blood flow to the scalp and helps remove dead cells.
- Try to change your lifestyle, if you are often stressed, as this can also be the cause of dandruff.
- Make sure, that you consume enough vitamins B6, B12, zinc, beta-carotene, and selenium in your diet.
- Avoid excessive use of a hot hair dryer.
- Check your hair products, as they can add oils to your scalp and cause dandruff.
- Shampoo your hair regularly.
- Avoid the use of chemicals on the scalp (such as chemicals used in hair coloring).