People often avoid harmful products that really should not be excluded from the diet. There has been compiled a list of the allegedly “bad” foods that should be left on the dinner plate and that are supposed to benefit the body.
- Wheat products containing gluten: they reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and prevent gaining weight.
- Eggs: they are unfairly blamed for increasing the level of “bad” cholesterol, but actually it’s saturated fat to blame. Eggs high in cholesterol (184 mg per yolk) do not have a large amount of saturated fat – about 1.6 grams per yolk.
- Potatoes: thanks to them, we replenish potassium levels, vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Fruits: their use reduces the risk of certain cancer types and heart disease, lowers blood pressure.
- Soy: it reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Alcohol: used in moderation, it increases the level of good cholesterol; wine reduces blood clotting and prevents inflammation and oxidation processes.