Menstrual irregularities are observed when the natural order of things is violated. A normal menstrual cycle occurs when there are monthly changes in the female body, caused by the influence of sex hormones.
What is the rate of the menstrual cycle?
The key signs of a normal menstrual cycle include duration from 21 to 35 days and 3 to 7 days of bloody secretion.
What does the violation of cycle mean?
Disruption of the menstrual cycle becomes a sign of hormonal disorders in the body. Performance of the female reproductive system is regulated by thyroid, ovarian, adrenal hormones, and the hormones of the hypothalamic-pituitary system.
Why do violations of the menstrual cycle appear?
Hormonal disorders may be caused by:
- psycho-emotional stress;
- damage to the nervous system;
- diseases of different origin in sexual and other internal organs;
- the use of certain drugs;
- environmental adversity;
- irregular or unbalanced diet.
Sometimes the menstrual cycle is disrupted due to a very serious illness:
- malignant and benign tumors of the uterus or ovaries;
- ectopic pregnancy;
- polycystic ovary;
The violation of the menstrual cycle is often associated with the dysfunction of the endocrine glands, liver, and the blood coagulation system.
How to normalize the cycle violation
It is necessary to get rid of the violation of the menstrual cycle. A woman needs to undergo hormonal examination, consult an endocrinologist and a gynecologist. She needs to treat the disease, which this syndrome was caused by: in case of inflammatory and infectious processes, antibiotics and physiotherapy are used. The weakened body can be supported by good nutrition, physical exercise, and receiving vitamin medications.
How to regulate the menstrual mechanism
A woman is usually prescribed a diet which is dominated by dairy products (yogurt and cottage cheese), which force the liver to produce enzymes that prevent blood clotting. She must take medications prescribed by the physicians and eliminate deficiency of P, C, K vitamins, calcium, other minerals and biologically active substances that regulate the process of thrombus formation.
When do you need to see a doctor?
You need to see a doctor:
- when you have a heavy menstrual period with clots;
- when the duration of menstruation increases up to six or seven days or more;
- when the interval between periods is less than three weeks (from the first day of the previous menstrual period to the beginning of the next menstruation);
- when there is blood between menstrual periods;
- in case of moderate or severe pain during menstruation.
Thus, when a woman notices the first signs of irregular menstrual cycle, she needs to visit her gynecologist in the shortest possible time.