British psychologists compiled the list of the most negative human emotions that can adversely affect people’s health and their relationship with the outside world.
The list appeared in the recent issue of The Psychological Science. Psychologists encourage everyone to be aware of the “black list” and fight these detrimental emotions as they happen. Here is what appeared on the list:
- cynicism (health experts claim this emotion triggers heart problems and increases the risk diabetes);
- lack of purpose or dream in life (this significantly shortens a person’s life span);
- nervousness (also leads to shorter life span and nervous system breakdown);
- anxiety (it adversely affects brain function);
- depression (it weakens human immune system).
Source of the image: photl.com.