In many countries, a bottle of pure water costs more than a bottle of coke. Advertising industry has done a lot for people to blindly consume the drink, which is very harmful to their body.
The level of acidity in carbonated beverages is virtually the same as in the sulfuric acid from your car accumulator. In addition, coke can clean up dirty surfaces not worse (if not better) than the commonly used toxic cleaners.
Those who consume coke drinks face the 48-percent higher risk of getting a heart attack or stroke than those who do not drink coke at all, or at least do not drink it every day. The study, published in the “Respirology” journal, proves that the consumption of such beverages is also related to lungs and respiratory disorders including asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Carbonation in coke causes loss of calcium in the bones through a three-step process:
- Carbonation irritates the stomach.
- The stomach “cures” this irritation the way it can: it gets antacids from calcium in the blood.
- The blood, which contains little calcium, will replenish the necessary amount from the bones. If this does not happen – muscle and brain functions will be seriously impaired.
But the story does not end here. Another problem of the beverage is that it contains phosphoric acid (not the same as produced during carbonation, when carbon dioxide is mixed with water. Phosphoric acid also causes a decrease in calcium.
So, coke makes your bones softer (they become weak and brittle) in three ways:
- Carbonation reduces the amount of calcium in the bones.
- Phosphoric acid reduces the calcium content in the bones.
- Coke that is based on coca leaves replaces calcium containing drinks (milk and water). Milk and water are not ideal sources of calcium, but still a source of it.
Esophageal cancer was a very rare disease two generations ago. Now it has become common. The basic mechanism works as follows:
- Mechanical damage to cells is a huge risk factor for cancer. That is why asbestos particles, for example, cause lung cancer.
- All carbonated beverages cause acid reflux (the stomach acid rises above the valve of the esophagus). This is most often observed when the body is in a horizontal position (as during sleep).
- The amount of cola and other coke drinks, used in the United States, means that the level of heartburn will be much higher than the permissible degree. Each time, consuming a carbonated drink, you get heartburn and acid in your esophagus.
- Stomach acid dissolves tissues – this is its purpose. The lower part of the esophagus is more often damaged by acid in those who drink carbonated beverages than in those who do not drink them. This leads to an increase in cell mutations and increases the level of free radicals
The coke based on coca leaves acts as an acid cleaner. The amount of acid in it is enough to erase your teeth enamel, making them more susceptible to tooth decay. The studies investigating the acidity of carbonated beverages have shown that the level of PH there is 2.5. For comparison, the sulfuric acid from a car accumulator has PH 1; the level of PH in pure water reaches 7.
We have already written about how you can use coke at home – mainly as a cleaning agent.
Now, can you imagine what coke does to your stomach?
Who needs a cleaning department in a store, if we have carbonated drinks!