April 1st is Fool’s Day! Check out some curious facts about laughter and its health benefits.
- Babies can’t laugh until they reach three months of age.
- Laughing for 10-15 minutes burns as many calories as medium chocolate bar provides.
- The air rushes out of lungs at the speed of 60 mph when we laugh.
- 17 facial muscles are used to smile, but 47 are required for frowning.
- Joyful people have 40% lower risk of heart conditions than sad persons.
- There is a plant called laughter flower. One look at it makes you laughing like mad for half an hour.
- If you laugh 17 minutes a day, your lifespan becomes one day longer.
- An average six year old child laughs 300 times a day. As we grow older we smile and laugh only 15 times a day.
- Smiling waiters get half as much again tips as their unsmiling colleagues.
- Good belly laugh may last an hour without stop.
- American advertising model Todd Gordon enjoys $4,000 worth smile.
- Most smiling people live in Brazil and Cuba. Scandinavian nations are their opposites.
Source of the image: flickr.com/photos/real00.