Women are more often sorry for their sexual intercourse than men are, as the specialists from the University of Texas have revealed. They also determined what compels a person to regret when it comes to sex. Life Wise gives us a detailed report.
The reason for regret
Women are more likely to regret episodic sexual intercourses, starting a relationship too quickly or having sex with a wrong man. Men regret only the missed opportunities of having sex.
What do women regret in sex?
The results of the study turned as follows among women:
- 24% of women were sorry to have lost their virginity with the wrong person;
- 23% felt sad because of cheating on their partner;
- 20% regretted having sex too soon.
- 27% regretted their shyness;
- 23% felt sorry for being insufficiently open for experimentation in their younger years;
- Approximately 19% were sorry about the same, but mentioned a time when they were completely alone.
It is curious that the most unpleasant experience for 17% of women and 10% of men was having sex with a physically unattractive partner.
Although men have sex as often as women do (56%), women get more anxious about this. Moreover, it does not depend on sexual orientation. Obviously, it is based on the evolutionary mechanisms: it is critical for men to have sex with many partners – to preserve human kind.