British QI TV program, led by a popular actor Stephen Fry, reported that unfaithful men are more likely to die during sex than unfaithful women are. However, it is only one of many interesting facts, which few of us know. Here are the most peculiar ones…
Interesting facts about food and drinks
- Raw carrots are still living when we are eating them.
- Half of the world’s food is thrown away in the trash and gets rotten.
- Hops contain antioxidants, but you have to drink 446 liters of beer per day for them to bring at least some benefit to health.
- Americans consume 10 billion donuts every year.
- Britons drink 60 billion cups of tea per year.
- Mexicans drink more Coca-Cola than any other nation in the world.
- For 2000 years chocolate was known only as a beverage. The first solid chocolate was sold only in 1849.
Interesting facts about medicine & health
- Human heart pumps so much blood during a person’s life that it would be enough to fill an entire football stadium.
- Viagra was invented to treat heart failure.
- An absolute record of staying awake is 18 days, 21 hours and 40 minutes.
- The creator of the famous Dr. Atkins diet weighed 115 kg at the time of his death.
Interesting facts about animals
- A tiger’s tongue is so rough that if the animal licks your hand, it will remove a skin layer.
- Monkey males urinate on themselves to attract females’ attention.
- Nightingales can remember up to 200 different songs.
- An ostrich can run a marathon in 45 minutes.
- Pigs also suffer from anorexia.
- At least 60% of all living creatures on Earth are parasites.
- Every day, the blue whale eats the amount of plankton equal to the weight of 40,000 cheeseburgers.