Strobing is the word which appears more often in beauty articles. This new trend in makeup appeared not so long ago, but it has already gained popularity. Strobing does not mean contour makeup, as many people mistakenly believe. Unlike contouring, strobing does not involve thorough highlighting of all parts of the face; it just makes the necessary emphasis in makeup by means of a radiant highlighter.
Even if you are not a professional makeup artist – you are quite able to repeat this trick. The main thing is to follow the basic rules.
- Hide the imperfections on the face: strobing will not be the best companion to rash and uneven skin. Before you apply any shiny product, it is necessary to apply any suitable foundation to make the tone of your skin look the same. In summer, you should not apply much foundation on your face: a few drops of the light BB-cream will hide imperfections, adjust to the skin tone and give an even shine.
- It is most convenient to apply highlighter with fingers. However, if you have a special brush, you can use it. A little highlighter should be applied on the following areas: the middle of the forehead, under the eyebrows, cheekbones, nose, upper lip, and chin. It is very important to avoid sharp lines for your makeup to look most natural.
- If you happen to have dry skin, you should pay attention to the highlighters with a creamy texture.
- Measure is really important in strobing. Excessive amounts of highlighter will make the face look fat and oily. Radiance should be barely visible.
- Do not try to adapt a bronzer to your highlighter. Your face may get a yellow or red pigmentation.