How to get a beautiful, gold tan without special creams and lying on the beach under the hot sun? It turns out that everything is simple: you just need to add certain foods to the diet. Which ones? This is what our article is about.
It can be very easy not only to improve the color of your tan, but also to give a gold tan to the skin without the harmful burning rays.
It has long been no secret that sunlight destroys the skin, increasing its pigmentation and leading to premature wrinkles, which make you look old in every sense of the word. Tan does not only bring the signs of aging, but also adds a couple of years visually. At the same time, we continue to sunbathe, though we are now using sunscreens.
Suntan does not go out of fashion. It is clear why. Despite all its shortcomings, it still gives us a fresh look.
Top 10 affordable products to get a beautiful tan
- Carrot. It is rich in alpha- and beta-carotene. Carrot is best eaten crushed, together with fats. The amount of carotenoids is bigger in the carrots that have been treated with heat. For example, carrots can be baked in the oven with olive oil and Provencal herbs, or simply put in the soup.
- Pumpkin. Pumpkin is especially irreplaceable in autumn, in its season, when the sun pleases us less, and we want to look tanned. It is rich in alpha- and beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin.
- Red bell pepper. It is rich in beta-cryptoxanthin. This pepper is good both fresh and baked.
- Spinach. Spinach is rich in beta-carotene and lutein. Warning: frozen spinach contains more carotenoids. Therefore, we suggest adding it to warm dishes or green smoothies, which are ideally suitable not only to improve the skin color, but also for a detox program.
- Tomatoes. They are rich in lycopene. Tomatoes are best eaten after heat treatment. Even tomato paste is suitable. It is sold in cans in any shop. After all, it is heated before being packaged.
- Watermelon. It is rich in lycopene and beta-cryptoxanthin. It must be eaten raw.
- Kale. It is particularly rich in beta-carotene and contains the greatest amount of carotenoids when fresh.
- Leaves… of dandelions. They are rich in beta-carotene. Fresh leaves are eaten best in salads – instead of arugula or with it.
- Sweet potatoes. They are rich in beta-carotene and could replace conventional potatoes perfectly well. Sweet potatoes are good in the form of baked or mashed potatoes.
- Greenery (any). It is rich in beta-carotene and lutein. Cilantro, dill and parsley are known for the highest concentration of carotenoids. This is something that we are accustomed to since childhood.
How much to eat to get a better suntan?
The more, the better. The color of your skin will vary in direct proportion to the amount of the eaten food from the list.
However odd it may seem, the effect of consuming these products can be seen in a week. It is especially good to experiment if you have no suntan yet. You can even find photos of the people before and after eating foods rich in carotenoids on the Internet. The results are impressive, but it is more reliable to prove this by yourself. Moreover, all these products not only provide you with a good color, but also protect you from the sun and even from aging! After all, they are full of antioxidants, which fight the main enemies of our cells – free radicals.