This summer was distinguished by an excellent crop of apples. Many housewives surely wonder what to do with such wealth. If you are tired of harvesting sweet apples, try to cook tart apple vinegar that is very useful for both health and beauty. Its miraculous power is more and more spoken about in recent years. Why is it so good?
Regular inclusion of a small amount of apple vinegar in the diet is perfect for health and appearance; it helps to cope with many diseases. Apple vinegar is both taken inside and applied on the skin. In the first case, you need to be extremely careful because it is a chemical acid. Therefore, it is not recommended to take more than two tablespoons of vinegar per day; it should necessarily be diluted with water or juice.
Apple Vinegar’s Health Benefits
Apple vinegar contains much malic acid and potassium. They help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. This vinegar is often used to stop heartburn, normalize digestion, and get rid of excess fat.
Sometimes it is prescribed to patients with diabetes, as it helps to lower blood sugar or glucose in the blood. Apple vinegar is an indispensable part of angina and cold treatment. Rinsing with a solution of vinegar and water helps to maintain normal oral hygiene. Apple vinegar is a great way to fight with the occurrence of tartar. It will help kill the bacteria and eliminate bad breath.
Most often, vinegar is mixed with water or juice, occasionally honey is added there. Housewives also use apple vinegar as an ingredient in salad dressings.
The disadvantages of apple vinegar include a sharp peculiar smell, which repels many people. However, if you dilute it with water, its unpleasant odor can be significantly reduced. Apple vinegar is contraindicated for pregnant and lactating women, as well as for people with chronic diseases of the stomach and intestines.
Apple Vinegar for Your Skin
Cosmetic properties of apple vinegar seem to have appeared in the focus of attention only in recent years. The great queen of ancient Egypt Cleopatra was known to have actively used apple vinegar to maintain her beauty, which has survived to the present day in many legends.
- Thanks to vinegar, the skin can be cleaned very well; it also solves the problems with acne. The acid from apple vinegar works as a peeling product, exfoliating old skin cells, which are then replaced by new and healthier ones.
- It also helps to regulate the pH of the skin. To do this, carefully mix one part of apple vinegar with two parts of water and use the mixture as a tonic. Dab a cotton swab in it and wipe your chin, nose, and forehead.
- If you have got burnt in the sun, just add a cup of apple vinegar in the bath and soak in it. The pain will pass, and the redness will be reduced.
- If you want to give shine to your hair after using any shampoo, apply the solution of apple vinegar with water on the hair. After 3-5 minutes, carefully wash it with warm water. This product will help to stimulate hair follicles, leading to hair growth; it will relieve itching and dandruff.
- If you are going to make pedicure, put your legs in hot water with miraculous apple vinegar. This bath has antifungal effect and makes the skin of the feet softer.
- In case you have age spots, it is recommended to mix one tablespoon of orange juice with two tablespoons of apple vinegar. This mixture is used to rub the problem areas.
Apple vinegar is a perfect solution for those who want to lose weight. It is included in many well-known diets. According to experts, it is necessary to take two teaspoons of apple vinegar dissolved in a glass of boiled water three times a day before meals. The course lasts for about a month. It is advisable to drink diluted vinegar immediately after waking up and preferably on an empty stomach. In this case, you should limit your intake of salt, which retains fluid in the body. If the drink seems to be very acidic, you can add a little syrup or honey.
How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar at Home?
Take a couple of ripe apples, finely chop them or use the meat grinder. Fill them with warm boiled water with sugar in a ratio of about 1 table spoonful of sugar to 1 glass of water. Add a small pinch of yeast and a slice of rye bread to the mixture.
Cover the container with gauze and leave it for about 10 days in a cool dark place. Do not forget to stir the mixture with a wooden spoon from time to time. At the end of this period, drain the liquid through the cheesecloth into jars. It is in these jars that the future apple vinegar will be fermented for a month. The miraculous cure is done! Use it and be healthy!